The Heating the Midwest Steering Committee is pleased to announce the location of the 7th annual 2018 Heating the Midwest with Renewable Biomass Conference.
7th Annual Heating the Midwest Agenda to Focus on Alliances and Market Growth Strategies Heating the Midwest, an annual conversation about the role that biomass can and should play in proving space and industrial heating in the region will be held this year at the Black Bear Resort in Carlton, Minnesota May 1-3. Heating the Midwest brings together forestry, forest products manufacturing, agriculture, and energy professionals together to hear about the sector’s recent successes and discuss how they might catalyze further growth in the sector.
This year’s conference agenda will ask how the current base of support for biomass thermal energy might be expanded to generate not only increased policy momentum, but also overall familiarity with its operational, economic and societal benefits.
The upper Midwest is rich in both agricultural and forest biomass streams and both sectors generate significant economic activity across the region and the utilization. To ensure that the value of these resources are maintained, their utilization as a renewable thermal energy source must be both preserved and expanded. This year’s Heating the Midwest agenda is shaping up to closely examine each.
Featured Panel Conversations Include:
- Message and Messenger: Rethinking How Biomass Thermal Takes Itself to Market
- How Biomass Thermal Continues to Escape the Attention of Clean Energy Champions in the Upper Midwest
- Roll Call: Ensuring that Everyone who Benefits from a Strong Biomass Thermal Energy Industry is on the Team
- The Perfect Fit: Examining Biomass Thermal Projects that Work in Spite of Challenging Market Conditions
- Feast or Famine: Assessing the Current Inventory of Available Biomass Inventories in the Upper Midwest
- The Effort to Push Biomass Heat into New Applications Underway in the Upper Midwest
Accommodations are available for a special conference rate of $68/night until Friday, April 13, 2018. To reserve your room please call the hotel direct at 1-888-771-0777 and mention “Heating the Midwest Group Room Block”.
Pre-Conference Biomass Facilities Tour: $50 (limited availability)
Conference and Expo: $220 ($270 after April 20, 2018)
Co-Host Registration: $220 for members of co-host organizations
Conference and Expo Student Rate: $75
CLICK HERE to register as an attendee.
Interested in sponsoring?
Primary Sponsorship Levels:
- Platinum (3) $7,500
- Gold (4) $3,500
- Silver (6) $1,500
- Bronze $500
- Booth Exhibitor $750
- Vendor Reception Sponsor (3) $1,500
- Lunch Sponsor (1) $1,500
- Breakfast Sponsor (2) $750
- Refreshment Break Sponsor (1) $750
- Industry Tour Sponsor (4) $500
For more information please download our sponsor/vendor agreement.