Save the Date! HTM 5th Conference & Expo (Fall 2016)
“Adopting Renewable Biomass Heat: Investing In Tomorrow’s Sustainable Communities”
October 11-13, 2016
Island Resort & Casino
14 miles west of Escanaba, MI
Program, registration and sponsorship/vendor details forthcoming.
- Planning Committee: Raymond Miller, Ph.D. at email@example.com
- Logistics Subcommittee: Bill Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing & Advertising Subcommittee: Kelsey Loeffler at email@example.com
- Sponsors & Vendors Subcommittee: Bruno Zagar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Subcommittee: Brian Brashaw, Ph.D. at email@example.com
Register Today for an Amazing Opportunity!
Register for a 10 Week Hydronic-Based Biomass Heating Systems Course.
View more information
High-tech plant turns wood into energy
Read the full story
If you have a specific area of interest related to biomass thermal, we welcome your participation in one or all of HTM’s three action teams-Biomass Combustion Technologies, Policy & Benefits, and Biomass Resources & Demographics. Is your time often stretched? No problem. Time committed to the HTM effort is volunteer time. The teams meet monthly via conference call, and calls are limited to one hour in respect of members’ time and busy schedules. Members may choose to volunteer more of their time individually to support Action Team specific projects as they arise. The work of each of the action teams involves developing “boots on the ground” projects for spurring action, discussing industry challenges in each sector and how to possibly address, networking and supporting the overall goals and vision of the Heating the Midwest with Renewable Biomass initiative in an effort to grow demand and expand marketing opportunities in the biomass thermal sector, and create awareness of biomass thermal. Following is a list of the schedule for the action team calls:
- Biomass Combustion Technologies Action Team
Meets first Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. CST
- Policy & Benefits Action Team
Meets second Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. CST
- Biomass Resources & Demographics Action Team
Meets third Monday of each month at 10:00 a.m. CST
As you’ve seen month after month; companies, governments, and communities around the Midwest are making progress on biomass heating and combined heat and power (CHP) programs and projects. If you have a story or event to contribute for next month, please submit by close of business the 3rd Wednesday of the month to firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you’d like to be on the list to receive upcoming newsletters, please contact Tami Dahm at email@example.com.
- Michigan Statewide Wood Energy Team
Contact: Ray Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Statewide Wood Energy Team
Contact: Mark Lindquist – email@example.com
- Wisconsin Statewide Wood Energy Team
Contact: Sabina Dhungana – Sabina.Dhungana@wisconsin.gov